• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

2 penny worth.

Started by Tai-chi wanderer, February 07, 2015, 02:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tai-chi wanderer

I can't see any provision for peeps homebase coming up on intro. Would be good to see if anyone with probs or need help are in your locale.
Have put mine on my profile which can be clicked on. I'm not adverse to popping over to a fellow builder and lending a hand. Sometimes another pair just help shift you speedily onto the next stage.

Mike

Yeah it'd be good if people put their location in their profile. Is that what you mean? Helping each other is what it's all about :-)

Tai-chi wanderer

Yeah Mike, it shows your area and would be good for peeps to detail info on getting panels, wood, sealant, glues in the locale. Would be great if a selfbuilder lived near me, I need a chinwag or offer a hand on quiet days.

Mike

I'm probably being stupid. What do you mean homebase coming up on intro? I'm sure as the forum gets busier it'll be worth asking who's about in your area and where they get supplies from and stuff

Tai-chi wanderer

In your profile or maybe under the avatar. 
On my Biker Forum they have cobbled together a UK map with everyone's name pinpointed, great if your passing, kettles on.

Camper Van Travels

Under forum profile you can put your location. I just changed mine out slightly adding (brackets).

Mike

Quote from: Tai-chi wanderer on February 12, 2015, 03:53:17 PM
In your profile or maybe under the avatar. 
On my Biker Forum they have cobbled together a UK map with everyone's name pinpointed, great if your passing, kettles on.
I can see your location under your avatar now. And yeah the map thing is good - can do this when there's a few more of us

Roadreggie

Great idea,must do my profile,just getting hang of this,that and weak phone signal to iPad wifi thingy,I'm in the East Sussex area,have plenty tools ,skills n welding gear,so anyone need a hand ect,ere I am will help any fellow vantravpeeps out RR