• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Hello all

Started by victor sels, March 31, 2018, 06:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

victor sels

Hello lovely people,

I'm Victor, 21 years old and for some years I have dreamed to own a van! In a few years I will have a real job where I can make money and save up for my own van! My first plan is to travel all the countries in Europe. I love to hear great stories from you guys! Any good spots in europe to set up camp?

I can't wait to go on adventure in a van! I'm from Holland by the way...

X

Camper_Dan

Greetings & Welcome!

Get that real job now, no time like the present to start working and saving.

Cheers!

Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!

victor sels

Quote from: Camper_Dan on April 02, 2018, 05:06:24 AM
Greetings & Welcome!

Get that real job now, no time like the present to start working and saving.

Cheers!

Unfortunally I need to finish my study first...

Camper_Dan

Greetings!

I'm actually in favor of working a full time job while working your way through school.  It keeps you out of trouble, and gives you money to enjoy more things during your time off.  I graduated debt free and with a substantial amount of money in the bank.  Many of my friends struggled with debt for many many years because of the poor choices they made early on.

I came from a very poor family, and had to work and contribute starting at a very young age.  I continued to support my parents up until their deaths.  From many miles away, I improved their lives and made sure all their needs were met.  We are capable of many things, if the desire is strong enough, and working your way through school is one of the easiest challenges you'll face in your upcoming life.  It can get you started out on the right foot.

You didn't say what you were studying...  Is it compatible with life on wheels?  So many people go to school and get a degree, only to never use it, myself included.  I'm nearing retirement age now, and I have never, and will never have used my degree for anything.  The burger joints are full of workers with fancy degrees...  Life rarely goes how we originally envision it.  I took my job as temporary job, until I could find something in my field that paid more.  As it turned out, I love this job, and I'm still here nearly 40 years later.  I'm qualified for jobs that pay 2-3 times as much, but I enjoy my job, and I enjoy the travel, so here I stay, and life is good.

It's a lot easier, especially when we're young, to make poor choices.  Working is always a good choice, and frequently the best choice we can make.  If you put in the extra hours when you're young and it's easy, once you graduate, you'll really appreciate all your new found free time, and if you use that free time wisely, you'll be on your way to an amazing and well lived life.

Cheers!

Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!