• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Hello folks!

Started by Sara, March 11, 2015, 10:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara

Nice little community here :)
So, I'm Sara. Currently living in a house but planning to escape to the road one day in the far off future.
In the meantime we're slowly converting our van, an LDV Pilot called Gurty. So far he has a small bed, a table for making cuppas/hot food on the gas cooker, lights and stuff... There were only the three seats in the front for me, OH & our little boy but we had to fit more seats in the back a few months ago because we found out I'm pregnant again! So that's taking up space but Gurty will do for now until he breaks beyond repair. Thankfully OH is really good with cars/vans so hopefully we'll have him for a while!

Well, that's me :) I'll hang around here getting envious of you guys off on the road and planning our turn!

JakeLeeYes

Welcome to the forum. and congratulations!
2003 LDV Convoy Owner. Currently turning her into a campervan!

Camper Van Travels

Hello Sara

If Gurty is single and not spoken for 'Bella Shanta' might be interested in a date lol.

Good to see you here lass, hopefully fingers crossed we're going to see many more posts from you soon. Welcome to the forum, Mike (the owner of this forum) does drop by occasionally.

Safe travels!

Jeffers

Hi Sara.
Welcome.
I too am just starting my conversion. I have a mk6 Jumbo transit.
Maybe we can compare notes.

Sara

Thanks guys  :D

Camper Van Travels - I'm sure Gurty would be interested in meeting Bella Shanta! ;)

Jeffers - We're not doing much more converting to our van now. Just tarting him up a bit! Interested in seeing how your conversion goes though. Always good for future reference!

Jeffers

i'll keep you posted on the build.

Tai-chi wanderer

Hi Sara welcome aboard.
I traveled around with my parents when I was younger, 2 brothers and a sister as well. It gave me such lasting memories, South Africa, lived in Australia, Canada.
A lot of it in a Bedford van and/or a caravan (spit), great times and I'm sure it's rubbed off on me.

robbieroy

Hi Sara - welcome to the forum.  All the best for your future plans and ideas.  Hope the repairs and the pregnancy go well.
RR

Sara

Quote from: Tai-chi wanderer on March 17, 2015, 09:58:03 AM
Hi Sara welcome aboard.
I traveled around with my parents when I was younger, 2 brothers and a sister as well. It gave me such lasting memories, South Africa, lived in Australia, Canada.
A lot of it in a Bedford van and/or a caravan (spit), great times and I'm sure it's rubbed off on me.

Hi! We moved around a lot when I was a child too, although not in a van! We used to live in SA and Zimbabwe, where in SA have you been?

Quote from: robbieroy on March 17, 2015, 03:07:09 PM
Hi Sara - welcome to the forum.  All the best for your future plans and ideas.  Hope the repairs and the pregnancy go well.
RR

Thanks robbieroy  ;D

Tai-chi wanderer

Cape and Stellenbosh, my parents stayed in Somerset west, nr. Cape for about 6 years. That's until it got really dangerous.
Best journey of my life driving from the Cape all the way up the coast to Joburg.