• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Just Joined

Started by Otter, March 27, 2018, 05:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otter

Hello all
I just joined yesterday and I'm already reaping the benefits.
I have a '91 Ford E250 that I'm starting to convert to living space. I'm planning on living in the van til debt is paid off then traveling. I'd love to find a job that would work with a traveling lifestyle.
Thanks and keep the shiny side up.

Camper_Dan

Greetings & Welcome!

I work vacation relief for a national company and get sent all over the country.  This allows me lots of time to travel and explore different areas while maintaining a regular job.

I have a friend who is doing quality control for a national fast food chain, his food and travel are free, and he gets paid to travel the country.  Some other friends travel different trade show, carnival, or swap meet circuits.  There are jobs that involve a lot of traveling, that many people just aren't interested in.  These can be a great opportunity for those of who enjoy traveling.  I've been working for the same company for many years.

I also know people who follow the harvests.  Many months out of the year, something is being harvested somewhere. 

There are also ways to make money online.  I know people who make money selling advertising, websites, hosting, ebooks, and more.  Some of them make a lot more than I do.  One thing that I've noticed is that the people making the best money online are working for themselves rather than somebody else.  I've attended some seminars at gatherings that teach people to make money online, so it couldn't hurt to check them out.

In the bigger cities there's temp agencies and day labor places as well. 

This goes back a number of years, aand I don't know if it's still a thing or not, but when I used to monitor the CB radio constantly, in the early morning hours there always guys on it looking for jobs unloading trucks.  From what I heard, those jobs were plentiful, and frequently nobody available to fill them immediately. 

Good luck, and maybe some others can chime in with some possibilities too.

Cheers!

Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!

Otter

Camper Dan
Thank you for that information. I have a good job now that will cover all my debt in time. It's nice to know that there are still jobs available for those of us who are more physical than computer based.

As you say.
Cheers