• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Load and lock.

Started by Tai-chi wanderer, March 27, 2015, 01:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tai-chi wanderer

Ferry paid for, g/kids coming to stay for the week, took my last class of Tai-chi n yoga, bye til October students.
Yeah, a bit of finagling with the van, fill her with water, put the mattress in and we are away. Euro is the best it has been for yonks, let the sunshine in!

Her indoors is already packed.

Next year it's a trailer and I will take the Bike.

treevorb

Bon voyage Tai-chi

Keep us posted
Facebook
The Euro Bimble

Camper Van Travels

Your wife is quite dishy.  ;D

I'll definitely meet up now, didn't want to before but given the fact that she's such a ravishing beauty, well, I might just be tempted now. If it was just you of course - no way José.

Enjoy your camper van travels!

Tai-chi wanderer

Oiii! Don't be so picky, was quite dishy meself once when I could flick me hair back. Long gone now.

Camper Van Travels

Ya still look a handsome old devil to me not that I'm that way inclined. You just look a right character. A Sag' inverted compliment.

Backs away carefully lol.

Tai-chi wanderer

Here's a prickly topic Mark. What do you do about exchanging the ole Queens dosh for a more pliable Euro.
Sometimes I earn a few quid, (Euro) teaching or doing a bit of carpentry. But you have to take it as it comes, we had a good run of luck a few years ago wardening on Eurocamps site, for a few months. Kept us wandering for a few more.
Hate to carry to much money, would like to have some for a start! Taking from the bank abroad is expensive, not found an ideal solution as yet.
So I thought I'd toss it out there as a thread .......

Camper Van Travels

Use gold for bartering purposes?  ;D

I can't imagine these days it costs a whole lot to get your money from a hole in the wall in Europe. Or does it?

Someone can pay you for anything via Paypal, send it instantly to your bank account (free). 2 hours later it's in your bank account and you can withdraw it.

Just found this on Google regarding Looyds for example. (I've got a business cashpoint card):

1 All LINK cash machines will give you an advance, on-screen warning about any charge that may apply. This warning will also tell you who's making the charge. You will then be given the option to continue or cancel the transaction.

2 When you withdraw money abroad, a 2.75 per cent non-Sterling cash fee applies. A handling fee of 1.5 per cent (minimum £1.50) is also added to the converted amount. Transactions will be converted into Sterling on the day they are charged to the Business Current Account. You can find out the exchange rate by calling 0845 *** ****.

3 Please note that you will need to wait up to four business days for cheques to clear before you can access the money in your Business account.

So obviously you wouldn't to take out just small amounts. A good chunk of 'loose change' would be better. Stick it in your wallet and you're good to go for another week.

Tai-chi wanderer

Thanks Mark for the nice complement, this is Rita, not meant to be on HIS forum, lol

Camper Van Travels

The better half? I hope you keep him in check lass. ;D

Lovely to meet you btw and may the pair of you enjoy some wonderful adventures together this spring and summer.

Chin chin!

robbieroy

Have a great trip - happy and safe travelling.  Will you be able to post updates for us on your progress?
RR

Tai-chi wanderer

Thanks guys, heading up to Kent, Mums nearly 90 so gotta see her and the family.
Would take the ferry across there to Calais but I'm bored with that route. So coming down to Poole or Plymouth, wanna revisit Carnac before the billion tourists get there.
Love that coast.

My new laptop should keep me involved, hotspot searching skills to the fore.

Camper Van Travels

Keep us updated Patrick.