• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

New van lady!

Started by Claude, June 01, 2015, 10:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude

Hello! So after 7 months of looking I found my perfect van and bought it tonight. I now have a citreon relay LWB. It's already converted to a point, but still pretty bare and plywood finished so has a bit of work to do, which I will be chronicalling somewhere when I get round to it. I have previously converted a boat to a house boat and lived aboard for two years but always wanted a van so me and my dog could go away and now I have one! I'm planning on quitting my job in a few months and hitting the road, but having weekends between now and then in the UK. It would be cool if anyone knew of any meet ups or anything, or maybe we can start some forum meet ups? Anyway. For now, hello and thanks for reading,

Em (Claude)
Converted Citreon Relay owner, driven all the way down to the south of spain from the UK and back again with my dog Claude!

instagram - @postcardsfromclaude

rovardotter rubbertramp

Hello Claude! Oh, I love the idea of the house boat... Actually, it is a dream I would love to persuade one day. Do you have any pictures? Tiny homes are the best. There are three ways I would love to explore living: Life on the water, life of the road and life in a tree. They will probably all come when the time is right.

It would be a great idea to have meet-ups, as the ones in the couchsufing movement. It is a good way to share experience, exchange services, travel in group and have nice van parties.

Nice to meet you Claude, and good luck with your van :)
https://rovardotter.wordpress.com/

Welcome into my wondervan!

Claude

Hey! Sorry for the late reply, so I had a blog for my boat- http://boatchops.tumblr.com which I stopped updating after a while as I realised I was giving the authorities fodder to chase me. I moved off it after nearly two years as my relationship failed soon after I moved on (it was a failure anyway 😉 seems The guys I date can't do any diy at all and I ended up doing most of it apart from the fun painting part)  and working full time stopped me from doing all I wanted to do. I also had two cats and a dog and it was hard leaving them all alone five days a week whilst I worked. I've been in a flat for a few months but I'm moving all my belongings into a static caravan soon so I can go and travel in my van, called 'petey' by my three year old nephew. I'm a tattooist professionally so I'm hoping to be able to pickup a few spots on the road. I'll try upload some photos of my van. What van have you got?
Converted Citreon Relay owner, driven all the way down to the south of spain from the UK and back again with my dog Claude!

Tai-chi wanderer

Welcome aboard, all for meet-ups, especially if they are across the water. Too crowded here in Blighty for the next few months.

kryten

Quote from: Claude on June 01, 2015, 10:18:40 PM
It would be cool if anyone knew of any meet ups or anything, or maybe we can start some forum meet ups? Anyway. For now, hello and thanks for reading,

Em (Claude)

A good place to find meets is http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/forum.php This is a free to join website and is very useful for wild camping questions and there is a meets section. Another website http://sbmcc.co.uk/ provides useful information on self building and they also arrange meets.

Claude

Well I'm done, I quit my job and I'm headed out in September. So if anyone's bumbling around the mainland then let me know, because I'll be bumbling too!

Vantwat

Hi Claude glad to see wheels are in motion,out of interest you said earlier you have a dog,will it be going with you?

Camper Van Travels

Always good to meet a fellow bumbler!

Whereabouts are you now Claude?