• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Rookie(?)

Started by HCassady, November 05, 2015, 12:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCassady

G'day, I've recently been looking into the whole Van jazz, and it doesn't fail to amaze me how creative and spontaneous people really are.
The idea of cruising around in my own creation just makes my blood pump to get out there.
Still being really young, and currently saving up for my first Van I cant help but ask a few rookie questions.
How did you all start out? What inspired you to just pack up and leave? Any vital tips? And of course, don't forget to mention one of your most fond places.
Cheers  :)

scottdimelow

Well I'm yet to set off, I have however started my conversion. My girlfriend and I are heading to Europe from England next summer.

The reason for the life change is simple, to enjoy life whilst we're young. I've known too many people work hard all their lives, and then croak it before retirement. I don't think working to retire is a good way to spend your life, it may be a morbid way of thinking but you could get hit by the proverbial bus tomorrow!

Carpe diem, lets have an adventure :)

If you need some more inspiration on the build side, I've started blogging my build www.myhousecanmove.com