• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

What Happened?

Started by treevorb, April 15, 2015, 09:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treevorb

I get stuck into the van rebuild for a week or so and come back here to see who's missed me and it's all come to a standstill. What happened?

Ok to get things rolling again I propose we all post a pic of our vans inside and out, mine will go up tomorrow (coz I left my camera in the workshop) and I can't do it now.

C'mon peeps keep it lit
Facebook
The Euro Bimble

Tai-chi wanderer

I'm ere!

How about this for a £10 bike rack.  Can fit the his n hers bike on, no probs.

Anybody used the Royan, France ferry, would cut out a 200 klm ride. Priced about 45€ for a camping car.

treevorb

Well thats two of us then. I thought that pastie muncher Mark would of shown up by now.
Facebook
The Euro Bimble

Louis Nel

Hello there,

No doubt Mike's go no wifi so won't be seeing us for a while

Wondering any suggestion on building: should I use a van or a bus??

See y'all again soon

Tai-chi wanderer

Depends on what you want to use it for. Travelling/living/ or just short trips.
How many peeps are you going to be ferrying about?

Louis Nel

Probably living. It will most likely just be me and maybe a couple of mates

Tai-chi wanderer

Cheaper to run a van. Stealth mode and lower insurance.

Roman

Hi,
Just like to add, As Tai-chi wanderer said a stealth mode van can have you parking anywhere. I left UK 2010 in a Sprinter, see pic, which was good at the time as a sole nomad.
However if there are to be couple of mates. You'll have the problem I got when I was no longer on my own.

Went for a box van, see pic, this gives option of water tanks under the floor (LPG tank when I get the €)
Being a square box easy to fit out. I refit my UK sprinter twice!
I keep't looking till I found one made of GRP & foam walls Ali box frame. It's a left hand drive & has a German green sticker.
Looking to put some horse stuff on the sides for the Stealth mode!
So good luck & good hunting.