• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

hello, info needed

Started by chrissue, November 01, 2017, 07:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrissue

hello , just joined today, I have a 2001 2.4 duratorq convoy ex-removal box van ,converted camper, need some help on trying to locate a tool to remove the oil filter, the filter on these vans is in a housing , there is a tool for this, but I can't find one . any help would be great.

Camper_Dan

Not being familiar with that specific rig, I can only give you general advice, but maybe it will help.

Normally there are two different types of oil filter wrenches.

So my guess is that you need the last type.  Any parts store that sells your oil filter should be able to fix you up with such a removal tool.

Now if your rig is ex-military, that can be whole different ballgame, because much of their stuff is specialized.  If that's the case, you may have to get what you need from a military surplus place.

Good Luck & keep us posted.
Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!

Rustbuss

As far as I know, it's the same as transits I used to run for business

the plastic housing unscrews and you replace the insert and o-ring, to unscrew a wrench/grippers or a 36/38mm socket will do it

it shouldn't be all that tight, when you put it back, wipe a bit of oil on the thread

chrissue

hello, thanks for the replies , my ldv parts dealer had no idea, told me to try ford who were total unhelpful , have had grippers on the big nut part of the housing ,but could not shift it, and started to  chew the  nut so give up, thanks anyway regards chris

Camper_Dan

Can you send us a picture, or point us to one, so we can actually see what we're talking about?

Thanks!
Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!