• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Where has everyone gone ? 😳

Started by Shawbags, September 18, 2017, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawbags

I have never known such a quiet site I wonder why ??
Live life to the full
😉 Travel in a van 😜

Camper_Dan

Greetings!

We just don't attract the BS crowd or those out to line their own pockets like some of the others, and that's actually fine by me.  Lot's of great info & help here without having to wade through a bunch of garbage to find it...

There's hundreds, sometimes thousands of visitors a day that go through here, and many have commented how much they prefer this board to the more active ones.

Cheers!
Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!

Shawbags

That's great if that's the case but I've only had replies from you and I've replied to a few others with no answer , yes there is a lot of BS on other site but this site is way to quiet and it's a damn shame .
Live life to the full
😉 Travel in a van 😜

Camper_Dan

I don't think the owner promotes this site much, which is a shame.  I haven't even seen a post from him since I've been here that I can remember. 

I have heard rumors that a very large camper van site is being resurrected after being hacked and crashed a few years back.  I don't know whether they'll be able to restore past posts, but if I recall correctly they had like 150k members and were very active.  They also had some really good moderators that kept the level of really bad advice to a minimum, and all the other BS that some sites seem to just ignore.

Cheers!
Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!

peeela

Shawbags - just not that many people in this closed environment. Insta/YT have a larger audience, better engagement functionality - like their recommendation engines.

"You watched this about insulation, not watch these othef videos about insulation"

Makes it easier to learn more, faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk