• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Insurance

Started by Dudegoeswalkabout, February 06, 2015, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Offgridartist

Ive recently bought a Luton Transit ( having a few starting issues with it but we wont go there on this thread) :(
Anyway after making several phone calls around all the insurance companies I found that Adrian Flux is one of the best. They offer breakdown cover from anywhere Uk and Europe. They are not too expensive. Though in my opinion insurance is a scam and the money would be better in my pocket than theres but hey ho  - thats the law
My policy covers me for doing up the van as i travel.  Campervan conversion..
The breakdown cover was what encouraged me to go with them. You just never know when you are going to need it.
Helps if you have no claims to use or to mirror over from one policy to another.
One guy ive been speaking to though has had an awful lot of issues insuring his swb transit van due to it being his only vehicle. For some reason insurance companies like to see that its not just a van you have running and that you own a car too  :-\

wicklowmick

hey guys,
I'm heading off around europe on the fifth in my homemade demountable camper, I have the pickup insured on a commercial policy that allows me 90 days in europe, were going to be longer than that, i know you can extend that period by the week, but that seems expensive, just wondering what other people have done who have normal commercial policys, mike, what have you done? you're probably in the most similar situation as myself? I'm Irish, so mabie things work slightly differently than the UK but should be similar enough!