• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Living in a van....120 days and counting...Europe adventure in September.

Started by The Solitary Cadet, April 12, 2016, 01:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Solitary Cadet

Howdy.....my wife and I have been living in a van in Yorkshire for 120 days now. Working and saving up to go to Europe. The plan is to work at home until September and save before heading off to warmer parts of Europe.Probably a little bit of Woofing and other work/volunteering.....any hints and tips welcome.

Vantwat

Fair play :-) busking is a good option ,learn the harmonica,last Christmas I learnt jingle bells in about 2 minutes,you'll earn a fortune.

Alex Van Der Cookie

Great to hear! Good luck! I'm hoping to do the same! Although looking to start in Norway and work clockwise, so any tips would be greatly received.
As for woofing, anybody done this before? Would love to get fixed up with some work whilst travelling.

Cheers, ac

Nathan

I'm planning to do the same.  The van is my summer project, once I buy it, then hopefully travelling in the autumn/winter.  Hardest part right now seem to be deciding which way to go!

The Solitary Cadet

Now been in the van 181 days with 86 days to go until departure. We were evicted by the local council for living in a local park( via a letter under the windscreen wiper!)so we've been lucky enough to be allowed an indefinate stay in the wonderful Adelphi carpark( local music venue).  We have registered with 'workaway.com.' which has cost 38Euros for a one year subsrcription for a couple. Managed to secure 3 volunteer experiences which will take us up to the Xmas period and save us a little bit of cash as we get our food and accomodation provided which is great.
Now just seeing out the last couple of months at work before the adventure begins. 1st stop is Portsmouth to catch ferry to Northern Spain and then a fortnight of wild camping whilst making our way to the Algarve for our 1st workaway volunteering. Can't wait!!

The Solitary Cadet

I'll also be doing some busking and trying to sell some copys of my CD/download album....maybe even some gigs if I'm lucky.
take a listen folks.....http://thesolitarycadet.bandcamp.com/
Tell me what you think, even better download a copy FREE or name your price.

kryten

Quote from: The Solitary Cadet on June 20, 2016, 12:49:55 PM
Now been in the van 181 days with 86 days to go until departure. We were evicted by the local council for living in a local park( via a letter under the windscreen wiper!)so we've been lucky enough to be allowed an indefinate stay in the wonderful Adelphi carpark( local music venue).  We have registered with 'workaway.com.' which has cost 38Euros for a one year subsrcription for a couple. Managed to secure 3 volunteer experiences which will take us up to the Xmas period and save us a little bit of cash as we get our food and accomodation provided which is great.
Now just seeing out the last couple of months at work before the adventure begins. 1st stop is Portsmouth to catch ferry to Northern Spain and then a fortnight of wild camping whilst making our way to the Algarve for our 1st workaway volunteering. Can't wait!!

If you're going to wild camp then you shouldn't stay in the same spot more than 2 days at the most, otherwise you just stand out. Instead of sailing from Portsmouth to Spain why not take a leisurely drive through France where free aires are plentiful and the scenery and food is stunning?