• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Bed in the van

Started by Otter, April 08, 2018, 06:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otter

Hello all. This is more of a progress report.
I finally got the time and energy to get the platform for my bed built into the van. It's going lengthwise because I am taller than my van is wide and my dog won't let me sleep sideways on the bed, not that I want to anyway. I'm not a carpenter so it's a bit rough but once the mattress is on it won't make a difference. It's a passenger van with the interior intact and I had to trim the plywood to fit around the heater ducting and other things. I'm actually pretty proud of myself. Next is anchors for the set of drawers I'm putting in.
Thanks and have a great day.

Cheers 

Camper_Dan

Greetings!

Great! Glad to hear you're making progress, and glad you didn't opt to go with one of those sliding slat beds, because I've been  reading tons of complaints about them.  I'm contemplating doing a big write up about different beds and their good and bad points.

Cheers!
Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!

Otter

Hello

I know that I wouldn't want something that I would have to make up each night to go to bed. All the pictures and videos of people with all these great builds but they have to pull the bed out or push it in when they want to do anything is ridiculous and against human nature. My bed takes up 6 feet of my 10 foot space but I'll be in it a third of the time I'm in my van I might as well be comfortable.

Thanks for commenting.

Cheers

Camper_Dan

Greetings Otter!

I totally agree with you.  Mine is a futon sofa/bed, but I typically sleep in it while it's in sofa mode.  There's nothing better than having your bed ready to crawl into, whenever you wish, without having to go through a lot of rigmarole first.

Cheers!
Pass them on!!!

rockyroad

Quote from: Otter on April 08, 2018, 06:09:41 AM
Hello all. This is more of a progress report.
I finally got the time and energy to get the platform for my bed built into the van. It's going lengthwise because I am taller than my van is wide and my dog won't let me sleep sideways on the bed, not that I want to anyway. I'm not a carpenter so it's a bit rough but once the mattress is on it won't make a difference. It's a passenger van with the interior intact and I had to trim the plywood to fit around the heater ducting and other things. I'm actually pretty proud of myself. Next is anchors for the set of drawers I'm putting in.

Cheers

Guess that's an old one, but can you share some photos of your remodelling?
My current setup is such a pain, so I'd like to improve it. I've been considering this for years and someday I'll pull the trigger.
VW California Campervan

Camper_Dan

Bump to  foil spammers!
Pass them on!!!

Camper_Dan

Quote from: Steven88 on March 26, 2020, 04:28:37 PM
Air mattress is very useful during traveling.

While air mattresses can be quite comfortable, the problem is that they don't tend to last long before they start leaking.
Pass them on!!!

WeltZumerr

Quote from: rockyroad on August 07, 2019, 12:02:59 PM
Quote from: Otter on April 08, 2018, 06:09:41 AMHello all. This is more of a progress report.
I finally got the time and energy to get the platform for my bed built into the van. It's going lengthwise https://spartan-agency.com I am taller than my van is wide and my dog won't let me sleep sideways on the bed, not that I want to anyway. I'm not a carpenter so it's a bit rough but once the https://eldfall-chronicles.com/

is on it won't make a difference. It's a passenger van with the interior intact and I had to trim the plywood to fit around the heater ducting and other things. I'm actually pretty proud of myself. Next is anchors for the set of drawers I'm putting in.

Cheers

My current setup is such a pain, so I'd like to improve it. I've been considering this for years and someday I'll pull the trigger.
Haha, was that a SEO?

WeltZumerr

Quote from: WeltZumerr on December 22, 2022, 10:10:22 AM
Quote from: rockyroad on August 07, 2019, 12:02:59 PM
Quote from: Otter on April 08, 2018, 06:09:41 AMHello all. This is more of a progress report.
I finally got the time and energy to get the platform for my bed built into the van. It's going lengthwise because I am taller than my van is wide and my dog won't let me sleep sideways on the bed, not that I want to anyway. I'm not a https://royal-game-of-ur.com/ so it's a bit rough but once the https://eldfall-chronicles.com/product/single-model-thenrin-swashbuckler/

is on it won't make a difference. It's a passenger van with the interior intact and I had to trim the plywood to fit around the heater ducting and other things. I'm actually pretty proud of myself. Next is anchors for the set of drawers I'm putting in.

Cheers

Haha, was that a SEO?
Search Engine optimisation