• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

BMW X3 conversion to camper van possible?

Started by crazy4x4, April 19, 2017, 12:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy4x4

Hi all,

I have a BMW X3 that I want to convert to a kind of camper van to make some holidays with my kids. I do not know if this is possible at all but theres actually plenty of space in the back when the back seats are down to put up a double "bed" ... I did not saw any conversion on the internet on this car so thats why I am asking this.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Camper_Dan

Greetings and Welcome!

With kids, I think I'd suggest tent camping.  Just more comfortable when you have more people than will comfortably be able to sleep in a vehicle.

I have very fond memories of tent camping when I was a kid, and then you'll have plenty of room for the gear to make it extra special.

Just prepare and have clothes for any type of weather, and you should have a blast!

Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!

Rustbuss

Well anything is possible, take a look at Citroen Belingo type conversions

Camper_Dan

What's possible, and what's practical or comfortable, can be two very different things.

You didn't mention how many kids, or their size, or whether there might be a significant other along also.

Just try and make the best choices for the most fun and enjoyable camping trip possible.
Pass them on!!!

crazy4x4

Hi again, after a long period I am back still with the same idea of converting my BMW X3 into a camper van like... With space for me and my two kids 11 and 10 year old.

They like the idea of traveling and sleeping in the car because it's different and fun...

I have been reading and watching videos on the internet and I started constructing some draft project however the back seat don't fall flat and there is an angle about 25 degrees inclination to the car floor and that's a problem...

Anyhow if some of you have a better idea to this project come real let me know!

Camper_Dan

Greetings!

Not familiar with yours exactly, but on some of them the seat bottom flips up and forward, then the back folds down to make it flat.

Cheers!
Pass them on!!!

NBingo

Im planning this with a Toyota urban cruiser.. with a roof mounted tent