A forum for van conversions, van living and travel

Author Topic: Driving license - large van  (Read 110 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Driving license - large van
« on: June 12, 2017, 01:49:51 AM »
Hi there! I need a help with understanding what type of driving license need for motorhome. I plan to buy large van (iveco) with high roof which will be convert into motorhome.
I already have these types of driving license A/B/D1/D .
If I want to drive a large van (more then 3500kgs - up to 7500kgs) , do I need to do C1 license when I already have D license for buses?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:53:15 AM by Stan »


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 79
  • Karma: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Driving license - large van
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 03:56:37 PM »
According to dov.uk you wpuld need a DE licence for a bus over 750Kg a a large van is over 750kg. I would email dvla for confirmation whether a bus licence counts as a van licence