• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Environmentally friendly Adhesive

Started by Robyn_VWcaddy, September 09, 2016, 12:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robyn_VWcaddy

Hi all,

I am converting my VW caddy trying to be as eco friendly as possible. I am struggling to find an eco friendly adhesive to stick the foil insulation to the panels. Has anyone used/come across a reliable product for their vans?

All the best
Robyn

kryten

Are you looking for something like eco-bond?

Robyn_VWcaddy

Hi,

Thank you. Yes, I had seen Eco-bond (multipurpose or heavy duty looked good) though it is quite pricey as I imagine you would need a fair number of tubes to secure all the foil onto the panels. They only appear to do a tile and floor adhesive in a large tub that you can cover larger areas with.

Have you used this product before?

Many thanks

kryten

For sticking insulation then I would use normal spray glue. You look like you're trying to be as eco friendly as possible but sometimes you just have to put that to one side and use regular stuff. You could experiment with flour & water based glue which you can make yourself. This is a paste which you brush on, so you could try it with a small piece of insulation to see if it works.

cooperdjm

I would not recommend eco for the glue, unless there is some pretty heavy duty stuff out there. You are attaching "synthetic" to "synthetic". And you don't want peeling insulation after you have built out the van. I went with Rigid insulation with Aluminum tape to hold it in the existing frame.