• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

First project: 2004 Toyota hiace commuter 14 seater, high roof.

Started by ian84, August 03, 2016, 04:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ian84

pic of the gutter that needs a by pass.... at the moment it caused water to dribble into cabin when raining with door open

ian84

pic of the Acrylic window with fly screen.  its flexible so its a matter of just bending it and popping it in the window, which means the outer window cannot be opened, as it will hit the acrylic, and this trip i used ducktape to hold it down in 3 spots, meaning, we drove with all the acrylic window installed. did 120km per hour no probs.  HAVE TO TAPE IT DOWN!

if u dont it will fly out!  i will retape it along all the 3 sides now.

ian84

pic from inside showing the window open to the max, to allow air in.

I got a guy i use in Bayswater who laser cuts these.  he has my files, so if u want he can do a set for you as well. since we spent time to get the template pretty much spot on.

ian84

here are my 8 or 10 inch 12V fans.  A must for the warmer months.

ian84

shoot me an email i can get back to you on the bracket template

ian    @     hobbyzone  .  com   .  au

(without the spaces of course)
or if you use Whats app messenger u can add me on 0433111061.
cheers!

Freetasman

Looking good, I am in Tasmania and planning to get one Hiace Commuter as soon as I sell my caravan.
IMO the Hiace is an excellent choice for Australia because there is parts and service in the outback.

Belinda

Hi Ian,

I've just come across your post in a search for advice on roof racks for our commuter.

We did a conversion on a 2007 Hiace Commuter and are one month into a three month journey (the first of hopefully many, so we are still figuring out how to do it best). We didn't realise that getting roof racks would be such a problem but every salesperson we have spoken to so far doesn't know how to get around the high roof. Do you have any advice? Did you find any products that fit?

I like what you've done to attach the awning. We might go that way. Our priority now is the awning but we'd like racks too for storage, so if you have any ideas on racks your wisdom would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Belinda

Camper_Dan

Greetings & Welcome!

If you do a search for high roof gutter mounts, you'll find what you're probably looking for.

Cheers!

Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!