• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Fitting front double seat in convoy

Started by Jay, July 31, 2017, 09:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Really new at this. Just bought 2005 convoy minibus and jumping into it...like a pool as that's what the front cab is like. Pulled back the factory matting to find rust and pools of water. I'm in the middle of fixing the leak but I also need to fit the double passenger seat (it came with an aftermarket single seat bolted into the front. So I've bought a used double seat from a breaker with what I presume are all the 'fixings'. I've been staring at them for what seems like days now...there are about 10 different pieces. I've never been good a a rubix cube or those little metal Chinese puzzles..but the challenge I'm facing now is bringing it to a new level!

Does anyone have or could kindly take pictures of thier double front seat installed - especially the feet configuration and where I fit the seatbelt stalks!?!

Thanks in advance!

Jay

Camper_Dan

Greetings & Welcome!

Sounds like your rig is a victim of improper flooring...  Proper flooring would have prevented the underlying floor from remaining wet by wicking the water away from it.  Something to remember in your future build.

While I am unfamiliar with the laws over there, if it was me, I believe I would anchor the seatbelts to the rear seat bolt downs.  Just be sure to use large washers underneath for added strength.

Good Luck & Keep us posted!
Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!