• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

How can I remove, clean and adjust the headlamps on my LDV Convoy ?

Started by pauw2007, December 13, 2015, 09:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauw2007

Hope someone can advise.
I would like to remove and adjust the headlamps on my LDV Convoy (as well as clean front covers without cracking the plastic). I thought the information would be in the LDV manual but I can't find the information anywhere.
Many thanks...

kryten

Have you looked behind the lens in the engine compartment. there might be 3 or 4 screws (2 at the top) holding the lens in place. You will have to disconnect the wiring before taking the lens out which should just be a clip connector. I would mark the position of the lens in the engine bay before removing so you can line it up correctly when putting it back.

pauw2007

hey, many thanks for your reply; also any idea on removing the perspex covers? Are they clip on or screwed on from the inside. I don't want to assume the former in case I crack them.

Tai-chi wanderer

Go to Youtube and ask your question, you will be surprised how many peeps video upload that sort of stuff. Usually works for me.

Tai-chi wanderer

Yep just checked, put in 'how to uninstall a headlight shell'  :) Bit Merricun but hey there are a few Brit vids on there.

pauw2007

Thanks; i actually have the manual but i can't see a mention of the headlamps anywhere. Hence asking here where another LDV Convoy owner might give some feedback.