• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Lino vs Carpet

Started by Hamsarb, March 17, 2016, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamsarb

So... We've got our lwb high top convoy, it's currently lined with carpet on the floor but we're addressing some damp issues and refitting a few things anyway, so it's likely the carpet is coming off.

The question is, what do people think about lino on the floor?

I've been thinking that lino is much easier to clean - we're going to Europe for a while so would like something that is easy to maintain on the go. What are peoples opinions? What's better in certain scenarios? Any experiences and thoughts will greatly help.

kryten

Vinyl is a easier to clean, low maintenance. Make sure the floor is well insulated. You could put down a rug for added warmth on foot which can be taken out and shaken.

BurningRanger

I've heard good things about cork.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

shinobidef

Yeah I'd go for lino due to the fact that it can be wiped clean easily, whereas carpet might get mouldy and horribly stained over time, especially if you cook in the van and are messy like me! You can always add a small rug to make it feel a bit cosier.

Camper_Dan

The problem lies in the fact that condensation will form on the inside of all the metal surfaces.  This includes the floor, walls, and ceiling.  Nothing can be done to prevent this, or stop it from happening. 

The vehicle makers solve the problem by venting the interior of the skin to the interior of the vehicle so that it can be evaporated out.  Any scheme which defeats that process will cause mold, moisture, and rust build up.  This happened in my insulated cargo van.

Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!