• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Webasto Hollandia 100 cost price Australia

Started by peeela, September 03, 2017, 11:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeela

I'm looking at squeezing 4 Hollandia 100's on my Sprinter MWB HR. Can't find a price of the part or installed. Anyone in the world bought these, got a ballpark figure?

Pop-up Hollandia 100

Plan

The other items are two Maxxfan Deluxe and two Gowe 200W flex solar panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camper_Dan

Greetings!

Interesting plan...  I found a couple of places listed them as $329 USD + installation.

That price seems a little high to me, and I don't see anything special about that particular brand, I'm thinking you're paying extra for the name.

I think I would contact either a local auto accessories or auto body repair shop, either should be able to source suitable parts, and handle installation.

You might want to consider some sort of interior sliding panels to cover them up to keep sun or light out, and to help keep heat in as desired. 

A number of years back, I had a Toyota van with 2 huge sunroofs, and no covers for the inside.  They really turned the van into an oven during the summer.

Good Luck & keep us posted!
Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!

peeela

I have plans for magnet attached roof and side windows with think insulation, and blackout purposes.

I got in touch with Webasto in Sydney - each Hollandia 100 is about $700ea installed with a warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camper_Dan

That seems outrageously expensive to me.  I'm in the USA, but I met a guy who just had 3 similar no name opening sunroofs  installed in his van for $129 each installed, at a body shop. 

Unless there is something vastly superior about hollandia that I'm missing, I think I'd gamble on cheaper ones.

Cheers!
Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!

mcguyver

Peela did you ever go ahead with his? I have just removed the rear air con from low roof mwb sprinter and have been left with a huge hole to fill.