• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

What foam should I get for my chair/bed?

Started by VanMo12, April 18, 2018, 11:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanMo12

I'm really confused, I've found a place to get my campervan foam from, but I don't know what type to get there are loads! Can any of you recommend one please, before I go ordering the wrong thing?

https://www.gbfoamdirect.co.uk

TIA

Camper_Dan

Greetings & Welcome!

This is a really good question...  Here in the USA we have places that sell camper pads, and they come in different densities (hardness/softness) but we can physically choose what we think is best.  I lay them on the floor then sit and lay on them until I find a comfy one.

It's hard because I think it depends on your size and weight, and everybody's different.  If you can't find a place to buy it in person, I see the place you linked has a phone number listed...  I  would give them a call and describe exactly what you're doing, and maybe they can help you make the best decision.

Good Luck & keep us posted!

Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!

Johnjoe01

Quote from: Camper_Dan on April 20, 2018, 09:23:55 AM
Greetings & Welcome!

This is a really good question...  Here in the USA we have places that sell camper pads, and they come in different densities (hardness/softness) but we can physically choose what we think is best.  I lay them on the floor then sit and lay on them until I find a comfy one.

It's hard because I think it depends on your size and weight, and everybody's different.  If you can't find a place to buy it in person, I see the place you linked has a phone number listed...  I  would give them a call and describe exactly what you're doing, and maybe they can help you make the best decision.

Good Luck & keep us posted!

I went for 8" thickness of reflex firm foam from efoam.co.uk.  It's really comfortable to sleep on - doesn't feel like a foam mattress at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

meanderingexplorers.com

Surprisingly, we have found 4" of foam to be more than enough and have been happier with the foam in our van than any normal bed mattress we've ever slept on.

Here's a list of materials used on building our bed, including the type of foam we ordered: https://meanderingexplorers.com/custom-convertible-sofa-bed-in-a-camper-van/#itemized-list-convertible-cushions. Hope this helps!

vseprosto90211

I chose LUCID 5", a comparatively small mattress for my RV, because it fits small spaces and is easy to move around and store. Weighs only 18 pounds.