• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Van life and the future

Started by Ryan, April 29, 2020, 11:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Hi again everyone,

I'd like to quickly thank those who responded to my last post, much appreciated. My team and I have made progress in developing cookware for use outdoors and have implemented the values and needs of our 60 or so interviewees into the design. That being said, we are now working to learn about marketing strategies and how to get the word out when the product is finished.

What I'd really like to know is how you do research to find the right product and where you ultimately purchase your gear! Do you read magazines or online articles to learn more about potential products? Are there specific stores you explore when looking for outdoor gear or items for your van? Do you prefer shopping online or in physical stores?

Does social media ever influence your purchase decision, and if so, what platform(s) do you use? Are there specific pages or influencers you're drawn to?

If you have the time, answer all the questions you can! Feel free to add any additional details as well such as price ranges or disappointing purchases. The more information I collect, the better the end product will become so I appreciate any responses.

Thank you for your time.

Camper_Dan

Quote from: Ryan on April 29, 2020, 11:54:21 PM

What I'd really like to know is how you do research to find the right product and where you ultimately purchase your gear! Do you read magazines or online articles to learn more about potential products? Are there specific stores you explore when looking for outdoor gear or items for your van? Do you prefer shopping online or in physical stores?

Does social media ever influence your purchase decision, and if so, what platform(s) do you use? Are there specific pages or influencers you're drawn to?

If you have the time, answer all the questions you can! Feel free to add any additional details as well such as price ranges or disappointing purchases.

Greetings!

I usually go to google shopping, decide what I want, then let it tell me where I can find it locally at the best price.

If it's promoted on social media, I usually avoid it like the plague.  Reputable sellers of respectable products don't advertise on social media.  Social media might give me an idea of something I  want or need, but then I do independent research to find the best quality at the best possible price locally before I buy.

I would say getting your product(s) on Amzazon & Google Shopping are your best first bet.  Next, there are other places that promote items that they don't stock themselves.  Walmart does this, and so do many sporting goods and camping supply stores.  Another step is to find the suppliers that stock the stores near campgrounds, and get your products on the shelf.  People always forget stuff when they go camping, and head for the nearest places to get what they need.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Cheers!
Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!