• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Support

Started by Kinda, October 08, 2020, 09:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinda

I bought an old Renault Master LWB campervan last year and the plan was to tour Europe in my retirement but due to the coronavirus the abroad trips have not come off. My wife was never supportive on the van and now we have separated but I still get lots of criticism from people (all women friends) who suggest I sell the van. I personally don't understand why they are so anti my van, why do they seem to think its something I shouldn't use? Is it the freedom, the toilet and shower facilities or do women lose their sense of adventure when they get older? I'm a bit confused by it all.

Camper_Dan

Greetings and Welcome!

Women are smarter than men when it comes to needed amenities like toilets & showers.  Men seem to have to learn it the hard way...

The good news is that both are extremely easy to add. 

Does it have windows all the way around?  That's another practical thing most women and those with experience find essential.  Camping or living in a van without windows is pure torture for most people.  Daylight, a view, and sunshine, are near the top of the list for good physical and mental health.

Looks, both inside and outside seem to matter more to women too. 

I don't think age has so much to do with one's sense of adventure or travel, it's just not for everyone, regardless of your gender.  Many people have also never been camping, so they are afraid of the unknown, or maybe they had bad experiences while camping, which is something a few good camping trips might remedy.

I am old, and probably look homeless, because I dress comfortably since I have no need to impress anyone but myself, yet hardly a week goes by that I don't get propositioned by women ranging from teenagers to seniors wanting to join me, even though it's obvious I only have one bed.  So there's no shortage of women looking for a good man, adventures, or both.  Some, both young and old, have even wanted to be my sugar mama, if I'd take them with me.

Over the years, I have taken some onboard, both good and bad, but one thing I have never been is lonely.  Your personality  could also be a large factor...  I like to flirt with the girls of any age, respectfully, but I still think personalities can make a huge difference.

Good Luck!
Smiles are extremely contagious,
Pass them on!!!