• Welcome to A forum for van conversions, van living and travel. Please log in or sign up.

Forum upgraded!

Paying your way.

Started by Eli, January 15, 2016, 10:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eli

As a full time freedom junkie I've lived in little tiny vans, big ol' tents, wet walled caravans and glorified sheds. It's not that I dislike your standard "home" I just prefer the freedom to travel at the drop of a hat and the conventional house tends to tie me down. The Irony is, I build houses for a living. I make my bread from bricks and mortar only to buy my freedom. Unfortunately my trade doesn't take to the road too well which leaves me to save and spend in long term cycles.

I would like to hear how others pay their way, Do you cycle between work and travel or do you work as you go along. What trades? What skills? What sacrifices? What do you do for food, fuel etc?

Safe journey,
Keep between the ditches,
Eli.

purplebus

As a builder, so long as you do a little research before you head from place to place you should be able to get in with agency work doin labouring... sites always need labourers and foriegners are cheaper to hire, but it should atleast pay your way... other opportunities are fruit picking and seasonal farm work.... event work, festivals, all these are easily got jobs that will give a few months of earning! Good luck chap