Over the past 4 months I have become completely obsessed, side-tracked, absorbed and totally oblivious to everything else around me apart from van stuff. I could carry on doing this van for many more months but a line needs to be drawn. This is it. I’m off. You can see the (pretty much) finished van here
The ferry is booked for this sunday, the 9th of March at 2pm. It cost £35 one way from Dover to Dunkirk. The plan is to drive south without a plan. I’m lucky enough to have a couple of ace mates (Matt and Ross) with me for the set off.
What do I need to do?
I’ve been so focused on working out van related problems I’ve hardly even spared a thought for travel or anything else. It took a lot of effort ‘programming’ my mind into completing this van in just a few months it’s difficult to get back into normal thinking and perspective.
I need to get stuck into stage 3 now. I’ll start by thinking about things like:
- all the legal stuff and driving requirements for EU
- breakdown cover. Can I get that?
- learning to drive and park this big van
- driving on the wrong side of the road
- fixing common engine faults/parts
- guitar or bass?
- Working out routes and GPS data for services, LPG and places to park up
There’s probably loads more but I’ll solve them as they come along